Monday, February 16, 2015

Here We Go Again....

I am baaaaack. Like the guy said in that scary movie. I here ranting and raving about these ads that are posted on craigslist. You know the one asking for Looking for a photographer for my blog: college student preferred.   and then they have the nerve to tell you next "I'm looking for a photographer to work with me by taking pictures for my blog. My blog/website is brand-new, just starting up and I'm very serious about it so I'm looking for someone serious also. This won't be a paid gig but you can add these photos to your portfolio and expand your experience and maybe will turn into a paid gig in the future. I'm looking for someone who can pitch in ideas and is willing to get creative. I am new into this field so I'm looking for someone who is willing to grow with me, as we can help each other out. 

Based on the above information, I think this gig is ideal for a college student or someone who is new to the photography field interested in gaining some experience."

                    First of all when you tell me this is not a paid gig and that I can use the photos in my portfolio. Guess what buddy that's where you are fooling yourself, the photos are still mine. You didn't pay for them. You can't grant me the rights as to how I use my photos that I took with my camera if you did not pay for the photos and sign a contract saying how it will be used. If that's the case get you self a point and shoot and take the pictures yourself. Second if I am supposed to pitch ideas and willing to get creative and willing to grow with the company a partner or a Creative Partner. Third if she/he are college students they should  have more than the expected knowledge and experience needed in order to get the job done. They may not have the experience doing it on professional level but they have the practical and education to back them up.  Well Ye sir I'm gonna work with your company for sure. This is all I gonna say to all my photographers, musicians, artists, illustrators. Stop letting these idiots get over on us. Let them pay for something. If the can't pay for at least a tenth of the price of your camera gear that you are gonna use on a shoot. You can tell the to stick it somewhere.

No comments: